MicroEnsure is the world’s first and largest insurance intermediary dedicated to serving mass markets across the globe.
The organisation, founded in 2005 and headquartered in the UK, currently serves 15 million people in 17 countries around the world with insurance, the majority of whom have never before been insured.
In 2014 we added 8 million new customers in Africa through an innovative product development and distribution approach.
MicroEnsure has introduced new forms of protection for the mass market, with a range of micro insurance products and services across life, loan, savings, personal accident, property, weather index, and health categories. We achieve this by developing and implementing appropriate products and services for our clients, enabling them to address the risks they face in life.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Account Executive Job Opening At MicroEnsure.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Account Executive
- The Account Executive – Nigeria is responsible for ensuring that large accounts launch and implement MicroEnsure products with high potential for scale, receive superior service, and grow their business with us over time. Micro insurance is an emerging industry in Nigeria, so MicroEnsure must continue to set the standard for product innovation, business process acumen and service excellence.
- In addition, the Account Executive will be expected to grow the company’s network and partnerships with distribution partners, and insurance partners.
Success for the Account Executive will be defined by:
- Interfacing with existing and new customers to launch and maintain large-scale, sustainable business
- Providing high quality, efficient service to partners and end users of MicroEnsure products, and
- Quickly forming a deep understanding of the micro insurance sector in Nigeria.
Specific Responsibilities Include
Major Project Management:
- Take responsibility for bringing 2-3 major projects to market each year, serving as the key local contact for all workstreams, clients, and regional and global MicroEnsure staff
- Develop, manage and report against project budgets and objectives
- Create and manage project structures, reporting and communication plans
- Support project teams in deliverable execution against project plans
- Identify and manage resource constraints
- Identify, document and communicate project risks and exposures. Develop methods to mitigate identified risks
- Identify project inter-dependencies and conflicts and manage appropriately
- Balance disciplined project management structures with entrepreneurial interests and requirements
Partner Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain excellent communication with management and operational staff, as well as with regional and global MicroEnsure staff
- Develop communication and partnership management routines and practices, together with regional MicroEnsure account management resources
- Ensure an excellent reputation for MicroEnsure both within and beyond partner networks
- Proactively identify value added products and services to enhance business delivery
- Capitalize on opportunities and address operational weaknesses with urgency and focus; pursue a model of ongoing innovation and improvement
Client Education and Staff Training:
- Together with the regional MicroEnsure team, develop and maintain a robust client education programme including training materials for customer-facing partner staff
- Conduct audits and training workshops at the field level as necessary
- Ensure that end customers have a strong understanding and appreciation of our products
- Compile and distribute client outcome stories for publication within partner networks
Market Awareness and Microinsurance Expertise:
- Use research insights to deliver value in current products, identify new products, and make critical changes in operations and communication
- Develop expertise in technical features of microinsurance, in order to demonstrate MicroEnsure’s thought leadership in the industry
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-year Degree qualification required
- 2 – 4 years’ work experience preferred, with a track record of achievement and responsibility
- Strong business development, sales or marketing background and/or leadership ability
- Appreciation and concern for the plight of low-income people
- Ability to utilize contacts for new business opportunities
- Ability to perform business analysis by utilizing operational, financial and other data
- Willingness to work as a team member with people across geographies and cultures
- Strong self-starter able to perform tasks with minimal input
- Commitment to model and articulate MicroEnsure’s mission, vision and values
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential; other local languages would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including using these tools to present materials orally and in written form
- Knowledge of financial services sector essential, knowledge of insurance preferred
- Strong organisational, analytical, relational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively present and sell concepts to managers in partner organizations who are often not familiar with insurance
- Ability to train staff members and low-income individuals in unfamiliar insurance concepts
- Ability to develop and work with business cases, simple financial models and project budgets
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online