Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of nursery and primary schools offering high-quality education at an affordable price to families living on less than $2 a day per person.
Our vertically integrated Academy-in-a-Box approach has reengineered the entire lifecycle of basic education, leveraging data, technology, and scale in order to keep quality up and prices as low as $5 a month (on average). Our mission is Knowledge for all. Currently, we have 405 academies in Kenya and 7 academies in Uganda, with more than 120,000 pupils enrolled and we are growing at a rate of one new academy every three days. We are launching in Nigeria this year and India next year. Ten years from now we plan to be operating in at least a dozen countries and to count 10,000,000 children as our pupils.
Job Title: Director, Academy Operations – Global
What You Will Do
- Set the global vision, strategy, and overall retail approach for academy management including ideal staffing, processes, and accountability measures in order to maximise operational efficiency and drive revenue
- Develop the recruitment, training, on-going professional development, and compensations structures that will best prepare and motivate academy staff, particularly Academy Managers and their supervisory line
- Develop systems and tools to ensure pupil admissions, timely fee collections, and ongoing retail and consessions purchases hit the targets required
- Develop systems and tools for supplies, vendors, grounds, and overall inventory management in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness at the academy while maintaining a smart appearance
- Work with the Global Director of Customer Strategy to develop pricing communications and loyalty programmes that ensure timely payments from parents as well as affinity/word of mouth
- Work with the Academic Team to develop programmes for Academy Managers to better manage, support, and mentor their teachers
- Define global budgets and timelines throughout the academy lifecycle for purposes of maximizing pupils growth and academy revenue, liaising with other departments as needed
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities; partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed
What You Should Have
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Experience working in developing countries and/or with low income customers highly encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business, management, sales, retail management, organisational behaviour), graduate degrees preferred
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Passionate about Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeedExtensive experience in at least three of the following: human-centred design, customer strategy, innovation, retail, communications, marketing, or sales
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up experience preferred
- Experience growing an existing organisation is a major asset; experience working with a chain preferred
Above all else, we’re looking for ambition, organization, drive, intellect, problem solving, and respect for others. You will report to the Chief Experience Officer and will manage a small global team of 2-4 people.
Nigeria or India preferred. Kenya, Uganda, or DC possible, too. 25%+ travel will be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply