Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world.
Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Assistant / Entomology Field Technical Assistant
Req Id 33461
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Project Assistant / Entomology Field Technical Assistant to support the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- The Entomology Field Technical Assistant will provide technical assistance to the technicians in the insectary at Keffi as well as carry out field activities at the Nasarawa sentinel site.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in larval collections and rearing as well as measurement of water quality parameters;
- Participate in morphological identification of malaria vectors using stereo microscope;
- Participate in other field activities as required and perform any other duties assigned by the Entomology Coordinator.
- Characterization of anopheline breeding sites;
- Ensure appropriate records are kept in the laboratory log books;
- Support in Vector susceptibility studies for all currently used and candidate insecticides in order to monitor resistance status;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Environmental Health, or Biology
- 2+ years of professional experience in vector control and entomological monitoring activities.
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply