Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world.
Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Specialist 11 / Senior Health Finance Advisor
Req Id: 32101
Locations: Lagos, Cross Rivers, Rivers and Akwa Ibom
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Specialist 11 / Senior Health Finance Advisor to support the International Health Division.
- In Nigeria, the HFG project is currently working with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
- HFG seeks to hire a Senior Health Financing Advisor that will provide health financing technical support and coordinates activities of the field staff working in USAID’s PEPFAR priority states: Lagos, Cross Rivers, Rivers and Akwa Ibom.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide high level technical contribution towards design and implementation of HFG Nigeria health financing technical assistance to strengthen priority state health financing planning and implementation in conjunction with the COP/DCOP and the technical leads;
- Provide technical leadership towards successful implementation of all HFG Nigeria health financing activities at the state level in partnership with state program coordinators in four priority states;
- Write detailed and high quality monthly and quarterly health financing reports that meet both HFG and USAID monitoring and evaluation standards;
- Document health financing success stories/lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles;
- Work with the COP and DCOP to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency;
- Carry out other activities as requested by the COP and DCOP.
- Represent HFG Nigeria at health financing meetings/events and actively participate in the national health financing Technical Working Group and other relevant technical groups;
- Liaise with other partners and projects on health financing issues on behalf of HFG Nigeria;
- Institute quality assurance measures throughout the design, implementation and evaluation of all HFG health financing activities;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness;
- Knowledge about US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable;
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree (desirable), in a relevant field such as Public Administration, Public Health, Medicine, Economics, Epidemiology, or other relevant fields;
- At least eight years of progressive professional experience in public health, health financing, health economics or pubic finance management;
- Master’s Degree and 8 years of experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply