The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is a sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing the impact of HIV infection on interregional trade in West Africa.
Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF) grant allocated to ALCO took new directions, This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to 2018.The implementation of this new program requires the recruitment of qualified staff to strengthen ALCO’s management team based in Cotonou I Benin. To this effect, ALCO is launching this call for applications for the vacant positions in favor of nationals from the 5 member countries (Cote d’lvoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria)
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Border Information Unit Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary of ALCO, the incumbent will coordinate and oversee the implementation of activities in one of the four pair of borders:
- Ivory Coast- Ghana
- Benin Nigeria. Each candidate should mention the specific pair of borders for which (s) he is applying.
- The incumbent must hold a minimum four-year University Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, Medicine or Public Health, with at least 5 years professional experience in the field of HIV/AIDS;
- Must have proven experience in Public Health/Epidemiology, Reproductive health, as well as Statistical data planning and management;
- Must have proven knowledge in monitoring & evaluation and operational research, including sentinel monitoring;
- Must have perfect control of statistical software and database management systems (Excel, Epi-Info, SPSS, ACCESS).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, a Letter of Motivation, a copy of University Degree awarded, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Click to view the Terms of Reference of the position
The National Aids Control Council (NACC) and National Aids Program (NAP) of ALCO member countries.
Application Deadline 17h30 (Universal Time), Friday, 5th February, 2016.