Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldInsurance
Our client, a non-banking financial institution is looking to recruit a smart individual as an Underwriting Officer who will amongst other things act as liaison between the company and other regulatory authorities.
The Underwriting Officer will act as the following:
• Acting as liaison between the company and NIA, NAICOM and other regulatory authorities
• Ensure timely and correct data entries into our software application
• Continuous knowledge sharing and on the job training for subordinates to ensure better understanding the products and quality service to internal and external customers
• Minimise complaints by internal and external customers and chart a way for complaint management.
• Policy reviews and product review with the aim to drive volume and pay lesser claims.
• Work with Product development team to develop new products in order to increase income growth for the company
• Develop user procedural manual, guidelines and documentation.Primary Role
• Distribution of all underwriting mails from CSU&F to relevant teams for timely execution and administration.
• Be involved in the placement slips/quotes both physical and online
• Monitoring the compliance of various SLA in the teams.
• Compliance with NAICOM guidelines and to enforce strict adherence
• Follow up on Reporting Manager to ensure monthly or quarterly returns are submitted as at when due.
• Render assistance to underwriting teams at branches when required
• Monitor all insertions to the software and ensure compliance with company’s policies and standard
• Setting standards in the operation teams and maintaining it.
• Interfacing between the underwriting teams and other teams
• Ability to aid in fostering fruitful relationship between brokers and the company
• Bachelor’s Degree in any social science course
• Professional Certification in CIIN or any other relevant professional Cert.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Underwriting, Reinsurance and/or Claims management at headship level.
• Experience with a relevant software such as Word Document, Human Manager, Premia9 and 10, Excel etc.
To apply for this position, visit Fosad’s Recruitment Page on SmartRecruiters