Andela – Called “the startup that’s harder to get into than Harvard” by CNN, Andela is a mission with a business and we are looking for someone to help us achieve our mission by growing our business.
Omidyar Network has been mandated by Andela to fill the position of:
Job Title: Africa Sales Director
- The Sales Director will build partnerships with large companies and startups across multiple geographies and sectors – from technology and media to retail and the pharmaceutical industry.
- This is an opportunity to play a leadership role at a fast-growing startup backed by some of the most respected VC’s in the U.S., Europe, and Africa.
- In this role, you’ll not only have a chance to help local and global industry find top-tier talent, you’ll have a chance to make a powerful social impact across Africa by empowering the continent’s best and brightest to reach for their dreams.
Sales Director Responsibilities
- The Director of Sales will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing the African Sales strategy for Andela.
- This will require the ability to work across teams in Africa and the US as well as develop a robust pipeline of corporate prospects in Africa.
- The Director will be measured on performance and sales targets, which will be decided upon with the Senior Management team
Key Attributes of this Role Include
- You have a track record selling into large companies. You know how to navigate the bureaucracy and overcome whatever obstacles are thrown your way.
- You have experience selling a new product or offering, something that has never been sold before.
- You think strategically about what companies to pursue and how to pursue them.
- You are tenacious and persistent and don’t give up until the answer is yes.
- You like people, can talk to anyone, and make friends easily. You’re equally comfortable talking with the HR or engineering teams.
- You love data and using it to inform your strategy and drive better decision-making.
- You care about what we do. You know this isn’t just about helping companies find technology talent, it’s about leveling the playing field for the world’s brightest young people.
- Track record as a top performer.
- 5-10 years of sales experience.
- Established relationships at leading African companies a MUST
- Experience selling professional services to African companies a MUST
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela.