An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Reporting & Supervision:
The Cashier reports to the Finance Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply internationally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analysing financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Assist in monitoring cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in Coordinating program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Maintain a good system of records.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school, with some collegiate or equivalent study in accounting and finance
- 3 years’ experience in clerical accounting, bookkeeping and/or cashiering work
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and bank officials, as well as the development community is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required