Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Production
Ref No: 150902-2
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting Line: VP Production & Visual Merchandising
- Products: Manage all products on the site (Retail & Marketplace)
- Process & People: Constantly having processes that will checkmate problems around product creation & management. Ensuring a smooth coordination of production dealings with other departments.
Basic Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining accurate content for existing products and push new product updates including product copy and images to Konga.com on a regular basis.
- Assisting in the resolution of Konga warehouse mails in a timely matter by investigating and troubleshooting for product descriptions, dimensions and packaging.
- Managing the items listed by Merchants on Seller HQ.
- Creating new categories and managing the existing category tree on Magento.
- Managing the existing categories on the Konga.com’s Navigation Bar.
- Managing the site products data using Magento application.
- Providing insights using product data available
- Ensuring the verification of High End Brands listed by Merchants on Seller HQ
- Liaising with the graphic designer to develop and maintain quality images.
- Improving search results via SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Ensuring that products have all required attributes to enhance sales
Skills & Competencies:
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products (word, excel)
- Knowledge of colors, patterns, and textures
- Understanding and empathy for, the creative needs of Konga’s customer value proposition – balancing Art & Science
- A minimum of 2 years related working experience
- Experience in using analysis to inform commercial decision making
- Great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has worked within an e-commerce business.
- Knowledge of Ecommerce applications
- Any degree in the sciences and must have previously held a managerial role.
- Relevant work experience
- Computer, Internet and mobile proficiency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; organized and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment