Bourbon Interoil – As international leader in marine services, “Bourbon” offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil& gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining “Bourbon” you will be “Under the flag of excellence”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Engineer – AHTS
Job Number: 150177
Contract: Fixed term contract under ENIM/ Rotations 42 day on)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Chief Engineer is responsible of the reliable operation of the vessel’s engines, machinery and all other mechanical equipment:
- Responsible to the Master for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks , with a particular emphasis on EPI equipment, security materials,and through regular use of Risk Assessment ,JSA and TBT and any other precautions.
- Responsible to the Technical Superintendent at head office for the planned maintenance of all machinery and inventory of spare parts and of Dry Dock job list preparation, as per company regulations.
- Responsible to plan, organize and achieve all maintenance tasks using Task Assistant software program which shall be kept permanently updated .
- Responsible for the duties and training of the other engineering officers and ratings
- Recording running hours
- Complete monthly statements on lube oils and grease
- Complete monthly condition reports on vital equipment
- Samples analysis management
- Carry out engineer officer and ratings assessments
- Ensure that all anti-pollution precautions are undertaken whilst transferring or loading hydrocarbons
- Responsible to the Master for correctly filling in the Oil Record Book
- Supervise shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs
- Ensure all machinery shut down alarms are kept in working condition at all times
- Ensure that the engine room logbook and company documentation is kept updated
- Keep the engine room department inventory up to date
Line reporting and functional linkage:
- This position will report directly to the Master.
Key Skills and Behavior:
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints in teh event of an emergency.
- Capability to maintain efficiently the engine room, to work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency
- Throurough knowledge of all on board maintenance tasks
- Analytical mind, ability to read hydraulic, mechanical and electric plans
- Efficient inventory and supply management skills
- Competences in people management at senior level
- Ability to communicate well as part of a small team, and work cooperatively with other colleagues, from multicultural backgrounds
- Proficient in any software associated with engineering.
- Reporting , team spirit, commitment, good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word Outlook
- At least a two years experience as Chief Engineer
- COC for ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 3000 KW or more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online