Diamond Enterprise – The Enterprise African Network is a key instrument in the AU’s strategy to boost growth and jobs. Bringing together close to 600 business support organisations from more than 50 countries, we help small companies seize the unparalleled business opportunities in the AU Single Market.
Our member organisations include chambers of commerce and industry, technology centres, research institutes and development agencies. Most of them have been supporting local businesses for a long time. They know their clients’ strengths and needs – and they know Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Officer
- Monitor public opinion about the organisation or particular issues;
- Advise management on policy issues and communication strategies;
- Plan public relations programmes including preparing cost budgets;
- Present arguments on behalf of the organisation (lobbying) to other organisations and special interest groups;
- write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations;
- Oversee production of visual (film or video) and audio electronic material, including managing an internet web site;
- Organize special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions;
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training;
- Evaluate communication activities and recommend future actions.
- Liaise with the public and respond to inquiries;
- Liaise with the media, i.e. respond to inquiries, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and make statements;
- Write, edit and arrange production of print materials such as newsletters, house magazines, pamphlets and brochures;
- Assist in preparing organisational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND/University Degree in Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in same field.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Versatile in audio visuals
- Ability to speak an indigenous language in addition to English Language is of advantage
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An interest in current affairs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st October, 2015.