The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, Multi-Drug Resistant TB, Malaria and Research Programs, in partnership with the different tiers of the
Government of Nigeria, health facilities and community-based organizations. As a Principal Recipient (PR) in the Round 9 Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis Grant, we require the services of resourceful and experienced candidates for the following position
Job Position: Program Officer, Malaria
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Overall Responsibilities: S/he has responsibility for coordinating all IHVN Global Fund supported malaria activities in the State, ensuring that program targets are achieved within defined timelines and as outlined in the workplan. S/he must demonstrate capacity to provide technical support to the State Ministry of Health (State Malaria Elimination Program team), Local Government Authorities (LGA), Community based organizations and health facilities in implementing the program deliverables
Key working relationships:
Internal: HOD Community Medicine, State Manager, GFAssociate Director, GF Malaria Program Coordinator, Other members of the Malaria Implementation Team.
External: National Malaria Elimination Program, Country Coordinating Mechanism, Local Fund Agents, State Ministry of Health, State Malaria Elimination Program, Community Based Organizations and other Malaria Implementing Partners
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Health Sciences or BSc Nursing or Basic General Nursing and/or Midwifery Certificate or HND Community Health is required.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or other health related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have at least 3 years of relevant experience in public health or health management, with a strong preference for candidates with experience in malaria programming and demonstrable knowledge of the Nigerian health system and social networks
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Excellent English language oral and written communication. Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Collaborate with the State, LGA and health facility malaria teams in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program deliverables.
- Ensure that program activities are implemented according to the work plans, approved deadlines, and within the budget limitations in assigned State.
- Coordinate the network of Role Model Caregivers (RMCs) to ensure smooth implementation of community case management of malaria.
- Liaise with NMEP State Malaria logistics Officer to ensure seamless supply of necessary commodities to health facilities to prevent stock-outs.
- Support the SMEP in developing operational work plans for State Malaria activities.
- Work with the SMEP to mitigate challenges and proffer solutions.
- Oversight of fund disbursement for malaria supported activities, as well as reviewing budgets against actual expenditure and providing explanations for variances that occur.
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by the HOD Community Health and Program Coordinator.
- Ensure that all required reports (Program, M&E, Finance, logistics, etc.) are prepared and submitted within the expected time frame.
- Coordinate the activities of other team members within the State to ensure smooth and efficient program planning and implementation of activities.
- Advocate support for malaria activities on behalf of IHVN to key stakeholders at State and LGA levels for sustainability.
- Participate actively in the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluation of training for public sector healthcare providers in collaboration with the SMEP.
- Represent IHVN in all meetings with State Ministry of Health, development partners and other stakeholders at the State level.
- Work with social mobilization partners (SHI) to accelerate demand for services at the health facilities and community levels.
- Organize and participate actively in integrated supportive supervision and hands on mentoring of LGA and health facility staff on key deliverables and monitor performance of supported facilities in the State.
How to Apply
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must explicitly state the position and location applied for in the subject of the email e.g. Program Officer, Community MDR- TB – Kano. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.