Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
Job Title: Logistics Officer (Nationals Only)Job ID: #1114761
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Liaise with airlines for flight travel ensuring value for money. Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions.
- Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective
- Report any defective equipment or service.
- Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost.
- Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Manager.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
- Maintain and regularly update current contact database of other INGO organizations, donors and embassies.
- Maintain and where necessary develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the SCI resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Manage the diaries of the Base Managers where required.
- Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of the mail and courier.
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, cleaners and guards and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programmes and capital office
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to capital office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Degree
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their C.V and qualifying statements to:[email protected]explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Note: Also, applications received after the above closing date will not be considered.