Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks;
location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Operations Manager
- Manages and monitors day-to-day field operations of the in-country network to ensure that network performances are meeting the KPI’s.
- Directs the work efforts of managers and supervisors.
- Is responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
Main Responsibility Areas
Ensure optimum resources are available for the team in the field:
- Plan ahead for Field operations staff headcount in relation to company objectives / policy and network rollout speed
- Maintain good relation ship with suppliers and put in place performance based SLA to optimise their performance
- Establish in place performance based SLA with cross fictional for effective delivery of work to and from Field operations
- Keep updated track of spare parts /tools/ Vehicles availability for the Filed operations
- Put in place monthly/weekly reports( and corrective actions where applicable:
- Monthly individual Field operation staff Network Availability (TCH availability) KPI (RNA per region. Meet contractual obligated RNA in each category of sites for Network availability. Min = any individual failure to meet the defined contractual RNA will mean no bonus, Target = Achieve the defined threshold for the objective reporting period, Max = contractual RNA KPI met and exceeded at least one full month during the objective measurement period)
- Monthly individual Field operation staff Site preventive maintenance KPI (Telecom Preventives: Meet planned monthly & quarterly scheduled preventives. Min = 90%, Target= 95%, Max= 100% (Monthly or quarterly preventive mtce means all sites have to be done within the period of measurement of the objective)
- Monthly individual Field operation staff Site Curative maintenance KPI
- Number of repeat failure
- Monthly contractor performance reports for Generator & Site Maintenance
- Monthly contractor performance reports for Site Refuelling
- Monthly report to show OPEX trend for each site
- Perform regular site audits to bring out issues of quality and performance
- Monthly report to show spares in store, on transits, under repair and or delayed from repair
- Monthly report to show vehicles availability, fuel consumption and accidents (including costs)
- Monthly active part preventive maintenance adherence
- In charge of Cost control on OPEX for all regions
Establish regular staff appraisal process:
- Manage S4U for entire field operations. Perform biannual dialogue for the regional managers
- Draw up annual training/PDP requirement for the entire field operation
- 8+ years with University Degree in telecommunications or IT; at least 2 – 5 years leadership experience
- Advanced Diploma with over 10 years of experience
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Abel to operate in a performance driven organisation
- Knowledge of English and/or French