CardinalStone is a full service investment banking firm operating out of Lagos Nigeria. The firm began operations in June 2008 and is currently registered by the Nigerian Securities & Exchange Commission to operate as an Issuing House, Fund Manager and Broker/Dealer. CardinalStone Securities Limited is the licensed Stockbroking subsidiary of CardinalStone Partners
Risk Governance Manager
To support the Head of Risk Governance in providing assurance on the effectiveness of the risk governance architecture in Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Generic to All Risk Types
– Support the Head of Risk Governance in embedding Risk Standards; Policies and Procedures, Mandates and other related governance documentation.
– Facilitate the quarterly attestation framework.
– Provide an effective custodial service (maintenance, review and management) of the risk suite of governance documents in terms of defined review cycles.
– Ensure that reviews and actioning of waivers, dispensations and carve-outs granted under the policies are conducted and progress made to resolve the dispensations.
– Ensure that procedures are reviewed and updated annually.
Risk Governance Architecture Optimisation
– Support the Head of Risk Governance in conducting ongoing assessments of the entities Risk Governance architecture to ensure it remains relevant and efficient and is aligned to the Group Standards and industry / best practice.
– Analyse quarterly Risk type key risk indicators (KRI) trends to gauge the potential impact on the appropriateness of the architecture.
– Recommend improvements and provide solutions based on the outcome of assessments.
– Any other activity as assigned by the HoR
Key performance measures
– Accuracy of reports/risk analytics to aid decision making
– Timely resolution to problems, queries
– Well organized and accessible information from folders and databases
– Quality of presentation slides
– Timely submission of deliverables with minimal errors
Key dimensions of the job
– Supports Head of Risk Governance.
– Ensure accuracy of reports and timely conclusion of assigned projects / tasks.
Chief Operating Officer
Areas of oversight and role
- Human Resources Management: Oversee and guide the Human Resources Manager to drive recruiting, performance evaluation, salary administration, employee relations, benefits administration, and other human resource management functions
- Legal: Work closely with the Head of Legal and Company Secretary to ensure that all regulatory requirements and company secretarial functions are carried out appropriately, and handle additional legal issues as they arise
- Information Technology: Works closely with the Head of IT to oversee technology systems design and development, other systems management functions, as well as the overall IT infrastructure
- Administration: Oversee the Administrative team, with responsibility for facilities management, front desk operations, the Company’s fleet, and other office administration functions
- Branding: Oversee the brand manager, and be the ultimate custodian of the Company’s marketing, communications, branding, and client and community outreach activities
- Special Projects: Direct responsibility for one-off special or cross functional projects that may arise
Person Specifications/ Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from a top tier university. Degrees with an analytical/numerical leaning preferred. Post-graduate degree such as MBA is an added advantage
- 7+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience managing teams. Experience in operational management roles preferred, with cross-functional experience and responsibility developing and implementing organizational processes
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience in a middle-office role in a financial services, management consulting or other client-service firm will be a strong advantage
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Project Planning, Reporting & Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to build and lead effective teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Company Secretary/Legal Adviser
- Organise, prepare agendas for, and take minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and advise management on appropriate action
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, as well as its legal and statutory requirements
- Ensure that legal documents and other contractual documents relating to the Company’s affairs are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted. Manage records of contracts & other legal documents deposited with the Legal department for safekeeping
- Advise in-house business divisions on a broad range of legal or regulatory issues on specific projects
- Liaise with external counsel, when necessary
- An LLB degree in Law from a recognised university
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and other relevant professional bodies
- 4 – 6 years working experience post call to bar
- Must have a good knowledge of the workings of the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Nigeria Stock Exchange, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory bodies.
- Capital market experience is an advantage
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – candidates must be approachable and constructive
- An ability to balance priorities and coordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines and deal with high workload, together with a willingness to be flexible
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to grasp new and complex concepts and areas of law quickly and accurately
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.