At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich humanity. We do not view connectivity as a privilege, but a necessity. We believe that the impact of information and communications technology should be measured by how many people can benefit from it.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Service Management
- This role is responsible for the Service Management function which includes though not limited to management of company’s ITIL based suite of processes in order to ensure continuity and promotion of best practice service level management processes required by EMTS.
- The role is responsible for overseeing delivery of quantitative and qualitative IT Service outputs through established dependency relationships with all Operations Functional Heads. This includes understanding contractual IT Operations KPIs, identifying reliable sources of data for measurement, knowing contractual frequency for reporting and generating regular reports.
- The role is also responsible for regular qualitative analysis of IT Operations service and identifying underperformances and closely working with peer Functional Heads to implement service improvement plans. Obviously, monitoring and continuously improving service performance is the main objective.
- This role is also responsible for management on 24×7 basis, of a team made of Service Managers, Service Specialists and Service Analysts having expertise in the area of incidents management, problems management, change management, Service Operation Group (SOG), inputs to calculation of contractual SLA, Critical Service Levels (CSL) and Key Measurements (KM).
- Provide tactical direction to Service Management ensuring that IT Operations services are aligned with expected targets
- Assist with defining the unit’s work plans, policies, procedures and the overall governance framework intended to facilitate achievement of agreed service levels.
- Assist the Operations Director in communicating the unit’s direction and objectives to subordinate staff.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel to achieve the unit/function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a database of existing services offered (service Catalogue) as agreed with the EMTS IT Business Office and in alignment with the ITO contract.
- Develop, agree and maintain an appropriate service level management structure, which includes:
- Service Level Agreement structure
- Operational Level agreement (OLA)
- Analyze and review service performance against agreed SLAs and OLAs.
- Organise and maintain regular service level review process with both the customer and peer IT Operations functional Heads.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports related to:
- Weekly IT Operations activities
- Service performance and achievements to the Customer
- Act as the major incident manager in the case of a major incident affecting IT service.
- Ensure the development of faults/problem trend analysis and service improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Acts as the primary point of reference for questions, problems, suggestions, and complaints about the systems change management.
- Coordinate and facilitate change review meetings and maintain a schedule of approved and tentative system changes.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental operation functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Assist in the testing of newly to be deployed IT systems/upgrades to existing systems to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Coordinate the manning of the IT helpdesk and ensure response to all helpdesk calls.
- Assist in ensuring the prompt and efficient resolution of incidents in line with agreed service levels.
- Work with user departments to understand their requirements and ensure that tested solutions comply with these requirements.
- Assist in executing all acceptance tests within EMTS and conduct preliminary life-cycle validation and verification.
- Record all testing milestones achieved on assigned IT projects.
- Assist in documenting all risks associated with agreed test strategies/plans and communicate to the Manager, Quality Management as required.
- Develop first drafts of release schedules for all new IT systems within EMTS.
- Monitor release dates and ensure adherence to defined schedules.
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of ITIL processes, their implementation and how to put them at work in the mobile telecommunication industry.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions. Extensive knowledge of the generic IT applications portfolio, how they relate and interact to each other in order to deliver services in the mobile telecommunication industry.
- Knowledge of Telecoms operations. Good understanding of the key component of the mobile telecommunication network and how they interact with generic IT applications portfolio.
- Good experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced/managed service systems.
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional teams throughout an incident/problem management lifecycle.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a tactical level. Ability to translate tactical decisions into specific objectives, create and execute an implementation plan.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- First degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate / Professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) to nine (9) years work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position