MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Project Manager
• Develop detailed work plans and identify project deliverables and ensure all projects are well defined in terms of detailed project deliverables, milestones and time frames.
• Constitute project team including steering committee and communicate roles and responsibilities, project expectations, scope, deliverables, milestones and resources to all stakeholders including team members
• Deploy and manage resources effectively for the successful execution of IS projects, securing the release of project required resources including project staff and financial resources.
• Coach and train the project team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the project, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their project needs.
• Track, monitor and control all stages of the project lifecycle, ensuring project is kept within scope, within budget, of expected quality, risks are identified and mitigated and related contracts are administered effectively.
• Review issues and problems in relation to projects, deal with vendors and administer contracts and identify project risks, as well as recommend actions to mitigate risks.
• Track and document changes project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans and update, prepare, forecast and distribute project status reports to stakeholders.
• Assist in evaluating, tracking and managing the development and performance of team members, to ensure productivity and achievement of business results.
• Close out project ensuring all resources are accounted for and released appropriately.
• Compile lessons to learn for use by project teams in execution of on-going and future projects and participate in post project delivery review.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
8 years applicable business experience, including:
• 4 years formal project management experience in a telecommunications business environment or in a customer care & billing systems (CC&BS) or an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems environment
• Proven experience in Managing large scale digital projects and solutions across complex, trans-national , cross-Functional program and channels
• Experience of facilitating project coordination and managing expectations across internal, 3rd party and/or client teams according to project requirements and workstreams from kick off to deployment
• Risk management prior to and during the project execution, managing risks within project timelines, budgets and quality
• International certification in project management
• Technology Seminars/workshops
• Leadership Development programs
• Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis techniques
• General Management skills
- BSc, BTech or HND
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidaates should Click Here to Apply