Pagatech was founded in early 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank the unbanked in Africa. Our first product offering, Paga, is a direct to consumer mobile payments service.
Paga is an innovative, open, secure, and interoperable mobile payments platform that allows any person who has a mobile phone to transact electronically – thus turning the mobile phone into an electronic wallet.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Systems & Forensic Accountant
- The Finance Systems Accountant will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for maintaining accurate records of accounting with a view of ensuring timely, consistent and effective reports necessary to assist decision making.
- This role will utilize good team work, strong analytical skills, accounting knowledge, systems knowledge, time management and effective problem solving skills to ensure success.
- The systems accountant will act as an interface between the finance team and the IT/Engineering team.
- The ideal candidate will work to ensure alignment between all finance reporting, identifying any data set anomalies and address any underlying financial system reporting processes deficiencies.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager, Paga Finance Operations to review of financial and accounting requirements on new business products, set up the accounting design and required reports applicable to the operating systems as well as data feeding into corporate accounting systems.
- Hold regular update meetings with the finance operations team and train staff on new/upgraded processes on the systems accounting
- Work within the scope of the department’s policies, processes and procedures to analyze and ensure all financial transactions are accurately captured
- Working closely with the finance managers to ensure that both new and existing financial features/transactions/reports on the PAGA system are properly utilized
- Continuously monitor and manage improvement of financial features and reports.
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates and ensure compliance
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management.
- Conduct daily reconciliations of collection or pool bank accounts to Paga’s financial records, and perform ad-hoc and regular forensic accounting exercises on Paga’s financials
- Manage internal controls and processes for system financial data audits and validation enquiries
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Quality Assurance teams in drafting business cases to support system expansion and changes; testing and post implementation reviews
- Liaise with Operations Support team on systems bugs or anomalies reported by the finance team
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrate good combined knowledge of accounting and finance practices, and information technology.
- Must be able to work under pressure, deliver work in accordance with agreed timelines and respond effectively to requests for financial information/reports by other stakeholders including the finance department, marketing team and the business leaders
- Must be able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Self-driven, hardworking, proactive thinker and problem solver
- Ability to communicate complex issues logically with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Must be able to apply forensic attention to detail including the reconciliation of financial/accounting records and bank statements
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 – 6 years in Auditing, Forensic Accounting, Financial Information Technology, System Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, OR similar role in a reputable and structured business environment
- First Degree in Accounting or Business concentration; OR First Degree in another concentration with at least 3 years of financial system and general accounting experience.
- Certification or relevant work experience with Information Systems Auditing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letters to: [email protected] Email subject should be ‘Finance Systems/Forensic Accountant Role’