OOPL Ventures – An emerging and leading hospitality, tourism and service organization in Abeokuta Ogun State, Nigeria, made up of a 153 room guest-house facility, 2 museums, a mini wild life park, a youth centre, a family amusement and entertainment centre and an events centre.
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Resort.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food, supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with Food and Beverage Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with Food and Beverage manager to ensure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests and employees.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to ensure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining areas when it is open to welcome guests.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
- Corporate with the Human Resources Manager to interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and / or violent behavior.
Executive Sous Chef
Manages all aspect of kitchen operation, including keeping food costs in line with Executive Chef’s and Organizational standards, managing labor costs for culinary staff, ensuring quality food product and meeting customer satisfaction standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of meal preparation, sanitation and general upkeep of the kitchen and banquet areas.
- Directly supervises the kitchen staff members to include cooks, prep cooks, utility workers and dish room staff.
- Manages and is responsible for quality assurance and portion control of all food products.
- Prepares and cooks menus items. Works in Line with all cooks Daily.
- Assists the Executive Chef with ordering, inventory, menu preparation, create and test recipes, techniques for food preparation and presentation which ensures consistent high quality, minimize food costs, and exercise portion control over all items served.
- Take full charge of operations when Executive Chef is off or on vacation.
- Manages food cost, labor cost, and keep abreast of average sales per person on menu items.
- Plans and prices menu items, run menu costing, order supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- Expedites and ensures that all orders are filled and sent out of the kitchen properly and timely.
- Maintains good relationships with vendors and suppliers community.
- Works with Executive Chef in maintaining inventories accuracy
- Ensures that food is rotated properly.
- Ensures proper sanitation of food preparation areas.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Abilities to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to develop test recipes and /or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point software programs.
- Working knowledge of recipe costing process.
- Knowledge of catering from menu to runner to set-up and breakdown procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of food inventory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years in a related management position which involved creating menus and supervision of kitchen staff.
- A degree or certificate in Culinary Arts is desired
Accountant is responsible for the resorts’ accounting and financial management requirements by managing the accounting department, procurement function and store.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information & prepare financial reports
- To maintain proper and complete accounting records of the resort.
- To ensure that the accounts, records and transactions of the resort
are accurate and correct at all times.
- To implement all necessary controls to safeguard the assets of the resort.
- To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the resort.
- To provide financial information to management as tools for maximizing profits and planning for the future.
- To compile, together with the other executives, budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the resort.
- To compile treasury/cash flow forecasts for the business.
- To ensure that the established controls and procedures in respect of the accountant’s areas of responsibility are being complied with at all times.
- To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for the guest cashiers and other cashiers in the resort, notwithstanding the fact that these areas are not under the direct supervision of the Accounts department
- To ensure proper controls for F&B cashiers.
- To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving, stores and requisitioning.
- To ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
- To ensure that the resort complies with the established credit and collection procedures, with particular attention to front office, group and meetings/banqueting processes
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts
- To provide the General Manager and unit management team with meaningful and timely information on the status of the resorts performance.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Direct and coordinate activities of other accountants and clerical workers performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks
- Conduct performance appraisal/review for all members of the department
- Direct and oversee all the financial activities of the resort including preparation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies
- Oversee accounting departments, budget preparation and management, and audit functions
- Meet regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction
- Review reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate
- Confer with the General Manager and Department Heads to coordinate and prioritize planning
- Assist with analyzing the Resort’s operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, downsized, or eliminated
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of statutory and monthly accounts and management information returns
- Coordinate the submission of periodic returns and accounts from the different units
- Provide bookkeeping and accounting support and advice unit accounts as required
- Ensure the timely collection of debts and settlement of liabilities and the day to day supervision of the organizations account function
- To assist proactively with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the company’s assets.
Provide full operational support to all aspects of the accounting function
Desired Skills and Experience
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment.
- IT knowledge, as transactions are usually done through computerized systems, electronic cash tills and so on.
- Data processing skills including spreadsheet packages.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Unmatched attention to detail.
- Good report writing and presentation skill.
- A Minimum of BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance or other related Disciplines.
- Accounting professional qualification such as ICAN etc.
- Significant Hospitality and Accounting experience (5 years minimum).
- At least 3 years previous experience as a Hotel Accountant.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.