The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is a unique programme. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in other member countries.
Following the establishment of the CSFP endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships located in low and middle income countries is available.
2016-2017 Commonwealth Scholarships
Applications are now open for eight Master’s scholarships for courses beginning in early 2017 in:
- Papua New Guinea (1 scholarship)
- South Africa (4 scholarships)
- South Pacific (1 scholarship)
- Sri Lanka (2 scholarships)
- Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country ( Nigerians are Eligible ).
- Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.
How to apply
Visit the relevant country page to find out about eligibility, available courses, and the value of the scholarships:
On these pages you will also find a link to the relevant application form, the necessary supporting documentation, and the contact email address to send your application to.
Send any enquiries to the contact email address given for each host country. The ACU cannot respond to enquiries.
If possible you should have already applied to the university for admission to your desired course when you submit the scholarship application. Any scholarship offer will be provisional upon the applicant being able to obtain unconditional admission to the relevant course to start by early 2017. Contact the university for information on course application deadlines.
Following your application
Successful applicants will be notified within three months of the closing date.
- The scholarships are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started.
- No additional funding will be provided for scholars with families.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2016