We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Product Services – Mortgage Officer
•Growth of the mortgage book via sales and credit process, submission of applications to consumer credit for approval and maintenance of asset quality to derive revenue generation to achieve the unit’s budget
•Liaison with Relationship Managers and Branch Sales Mangers for new and existing customers
•Strategic guidance to ensure sales objectives is attained.
•Establishing relationships with Developers, estate agents and mortgage schemes.
Management of Sales process from application to draw down.
Improve quality and timeliness of sales and services to the assigned relationships
Ensure maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict compliance with AML & CDD standards, as defined by the group and local Regulatory Authorities.
Assist Relationship Managers/ Branch Sales Managers in Cross Selling opportunities by providing leads and following up leads.
Coaching and mentoring the RMs, PFCs and BCOTs
Responsible for managing the branch mortgage portfolio
Handle all matters relating to account servicing including complaints, inquiries, etc within agreed turnaround time. All complaints to be logged in via Loyalty Manager.
Proactive solutions to customer service related issues.
Prepare ad-hoc reporting/returns as required.
Due diligence to be applied when selling all the products of the Bank.
Reporting of suspicious transactions
Conduct CDD checks for all mortgage customers when required
Following with the lawyers and valuers on all approved applications. This will entail tracking the end to end process
Renewal of insurance for mortgage portfolio
Dispatch of mortgage statements for portfolio
Relationship Manager, BC
Drive deepening activities with qualified and potential clients with full range of BC products, continuous analytics support and collaboration with business specialists; meet clients as required [quarterly]
Acquire and activate new clients referred from ETB clients directly to BC RM/Team
Maintain integrity of clients credit portfolio through monitoring, early action and remediation actions
• Relationship Deepening by reaching out to and engaging HVBC & hidden larger businesses
• Acquiring from ETB client Referrals [MGM]
• Create analytics backed next best conversations
• Analyse and review quality of potential business to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual customer interactions. [Meet at least once a quarter]
• Support clients business by processing and delivering on all client initiated needs which include assets needs
• Migrate customers to digital channels [ensure training happens for active usage]
• Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise
• Complete /conduct KYC/CDD as due
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:-
Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS Internal:
Marketing on new and continuing initiatives
Team Leader and Branch Manager on performance and service issues impacting BC customers/location
Branch departmental, credit and GT&O managers and Branch Operations for SME customers’ account opening, servicing and administration
Product Development and Analytics – product review, development, implementation and analytics
SBIM for scorecard and sales KPIs
Sales support teams [WM, Treasury & Trade]
• Good first degree. Professional certifications could be an advantage
• Market and competition knowledge
• 3-6 years experience. Portfolio focused more on liability and base asset clients
• Good working knowledge of Businesses, financials and BC banking products.
• Complexity in client engagement [negotiation, presentation, etc] stakeholder management, time management
FREEDOM OF DECISION MAKING
• Many day-to-day decisions regarding customers (not credit).
• Significant latitude in managing and prioritising workload.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.