The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Water and Habitat Engineers
- Supports the Water and Habitat Delegate in the assessment, design, implementation and monitoring of ICRC Water & Habitat activities in the area of responsibility
- Provides training, support, monitoring of partners (i.e. National Society staff, technical departments of local authorities, contractors) as required
- Attends to meetings with other actors involved in the field of Water and if required (coordination, networking).
- Ensures follow-up of LOG supply chain (ROs, purchases, contracts, stock management & replenishment, Quality control, etc.).
- Provides input to operational reports (assessments, Quarterly reports)
- Bachelor Degree, some college coursework completed, an Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- Expert level in computer skills
- Expert level in the use of AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction, local techniques and requirements for construction
- Driving license, succeeded in ICRC driving test
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings
- Additional vocational training in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- 4-6 years of experience in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or similar technical position
- Good command of written and spoken English and Hausa
- Adapting & Learning, Team Work, Planning, Organization & Assessment; Analysis & Synthesis; Responsibility & Autonomy
Job Title: Water and Habitat Assistant
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors mainly NGOs and other organisations
- Contributes to written reporting
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to his/her department
- Types correspondence in English independently
- Keeps agenda and performs various office work
- Ensures information flow within the department
- Follows up with Logistic and Administration contracts and requisition orders
- Keeps filing system up to date
- Participates to Water and Habitat department external meeting when necessary
- University degree in relevant field, i.e. Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Good computer knowledge
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Capacity to analyse the political and social environment
- High capacity to work in a team.
- High motivation and proactivity, taking responsibility
- Good Planning and Organization skills
- Very good communication skills
How to Apply
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate Job Title, EG; “Water and Habitat Assistant, Abuja” as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 11.03.2016. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org