Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Job ID: 13-8608
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports to: Reports to: Finance Manger
- The objective of Grants Officer position is to collaborate with the Finance Manager in order to manage and coordinate MSH Nigeria’s complex grants portfolio lending to a variety of Non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, and community based organizations in order to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery throughout Nigeria.
- Grants Officer will work closely with Finance Manager to establish and follow a transparent process, and develop tools to implement the process, assuring that sound grant practices are applied at every stage of the grant process from guidelines to closeout.
- Grants Officer must be available to travel up to 50% of the time, including the Niger Delta Region.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Staff, Senior Contracts Officer and the Finance Manager, develop RFPs, draft solicitations, conduct and document source selection, negotiate costs and other conditions, prepare awards and modifications, seek required approvals, monitor implementation, and close-out.
- Assist Finance Manager in setting up and administering a grants management system MSH Nigeria
- Help to issue grants to NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs ensuring that all necessary guidelines and regulations are followed
- Help Finance Manager establish a grants application evaluation of grants recipients to guarantee best use of project funds
- As directed by the Finance Manager , manage grants at all phases and ensure compliance with donor and MSH regulations
- Organize and maintain files and databases for grantees.
- Prepare training sessions and conduct workshops in financial management for contractors/grantees as necessary.
- Keep abreast of USAID regulations to assist staff in adhering to the terms of the USAID agreements. Provide on-going training for project staff on regulations
- With the Finance Manager , monitor and support grant recipients’ financial and operations systems ensuring best practices are being implemented in the institutions or organizations
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related fields.
- Relevant working experience with an international non-governmental organization.
- Significant experience in grants management and financial/operational systems strongly preferred.
- Substantial experience working with PEPFAR/USAID-supported projects and knowledge of USG regulations and procedures strongly preferred.
- Fluency in the English language is required
- Ability to work well in a collaborative manner, including robust communications capabilities
- Mastered the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks. Past experience with grants management software preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work with complex financial information.
- Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with multiple donors, international PVOs and local CBOs.
- Ability to determine the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits and other documentation presented in a proposal.