Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
- Compounds and dispenses prescribed drugs in a Healthcare facility environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager.
- Responsible for transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, and Drug Utilization Review.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
- Active and registered pharmacist.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Considerable knowledge of drug interactions and side effects of medications.
- Ability to prepare, compound and dispense medications with accuracy.
- Minimum experience is 1-3 years.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Job Title: Project Engineer
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management and Supervision.
Job Title: Paramedic/Nurse
- To support the Field Supervisor on a day to day basis and to coordinate and oversee all site specific healthcare activities.
- To develop and train employees on preventive healthcare programs.
- To handle some general administrative tasks.
- To develop and align strategy with the HSECS (Health, Safety, Environment, Community and Security) Department.
- To provide day to day operations and administration of medical services.
- To provide emergency medical care and coordinate and support all Emergency Response requirements with the operations team.
- To draft and present daily, weekly and monthly health related reports and statistics.
- To ensure compliance and regular audit of all work areas and facilities under health and hygiene auspices.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and general administration skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good time management and leadership skills.
- A previous experience would be appreciated.
- Ability to train and mentor local nurses.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Open to only health related trained applicants.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2016.