The Federal Government of Nigeria has initiated the preparation of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).
The Project which has Kogi State as one of the focal beneficiary State will be supported with financing from the World Bank. The Project would take a comprehensive Watershed approach coupled with an investment focus on Gully Erosion prevention and rehabilitation (via a rapid-response facility). The overall objective of NEWMAP is to support Kogi State and local governments to reduce vulnerability to erosion.
The Kogi State Government and the State Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources in conjunction with the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), invites applications from competent and qualified personnels, to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Objective of the Assignment
- This position will provide support to the Project Desk Officer responsible for implementation management of the Federal Government Erosion and Washed Management Project (NEWMAP) in Kogi State being supported by the Kogi State Government.
- The objective of the monitoring and evaluation officer’s assignment is to coordinate and oversee the monitoring and evaluation process and all indicators for the Project. He/she would also:
- Prepare M&E manuals that articulate project M&E activities, schedules and tools;
- The elaboration of M&E workplan and budget.
- The documentation and dissemination of information, feedback and key lessons learnt to relevant users and stakeholders, and;
- The development of a data flow and information use framework to facilitate effective planning and effective resource use and others.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demography, Social Science, Economics, Project Management or related fields. An advanced degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of externally assisted projects and 3 years of which must have been with donor funded programme (for B.Sc).
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience of which 3 years must have been with donor funded programme (for Master degree holders).
- Proven track record in managing and leading investigative teams.
- Computer literacy and competence in the use of standard software applications for statistical analysis, and spread sheets will be necessary.
- Basic experience in the administration and use of databases and information systems.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office and proficiency in presentation software.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively.