La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited will join Cameroon, Ghana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Cambodia and Ivory Coast as member of Advans group network.
Advans SA SICAR was created in 2005 by Horus Development Finance together with several development financial institutions: IFC, FMO, KFW, CDC, EIB, AFD Group.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank recently received the Approval-in-Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Job Reference: ADV/NIG/HRO/SEP/15
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Determine staffing numbers, skills and needs to meet the organisation’s objectives.
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions and performance standards.
- Advertise staff vacancies, shortlist applicants, interview applicants, administer selection tests, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments.
- Assist in organising employee welfare services such as health and wellbeing programmes, first aid and fire drill training, benefits and social activities.
- Organise and take part in staff meetings and seminars where employees and management discuss the development of specific work arrangements and conditions.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of organisational changes (such as new HR legislation, revised job classification structures or technological changes).
- Take part in HR strategic management meetings.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety programmes, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Assist with planning and conducting staff trainings including inductions for new staff.
- Plan, implement and monitor performance management programmes including end of probation, mid-year and annual professional discussions.
- Preparing, updating and revising staff handbooks and other HR policies and procedures.
- Payroll administration – Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Take part in undertaking regular salary and employee survey and reviews.
- Maintain staff database on matters such as wages,benefits, leave and training etc, and prepare associated management reports.
- Use in-house HR software/management information systems to record, maintain, plan and manage the organisation’s human resources.
- Provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes.
- Assist employees with work matters, career development, personal problems and industrial matters
Required Skills and Competencies
- A graduate with at least 1-2 years practical experience in Human Resources with strong Recruitment & Interviewing skills.
- Ability to conduct research and development programmes.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and handle confidential matters.
- Knowledge of Nigeria labour and employment laws.
- Proficiency in computer MS Word and Excel for preparation and analysis of data and reports.
- Effective speaking & written communication skills with practical ability to prepare official reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for test and interview
Application Deadline 14th September, 2015.