InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers.
Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Rooms
Job Number: LAG0007
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Prepare and submit statistical, performance, and forecast analyses and reports as required.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control.
- Use company systems and processes to maximize revenue. Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s and other key guests, or other special guest needs.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure governmental regulations and data privacy requirements are met.
- Act as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in community outreach efforts. Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration and four years of guest service/hotel experience with two years in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak English Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 7th October, 2015.