BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company, because we offer intelligent solutions both for our customers and for a sustainable future. To this end, we promote the development of people with very different talents − worldwide. A variety of development opportunities are open to you as a result. At BASF, your performance counts as well as your personality. Thus, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial and Controlling Specialist
- The incumbent will be expected to perform as the ‘right hand’ to the Managing Director (MD) in all business and functional matters.
- Within this role, the incumbent will be required to challenge, analyse and make recommendations in terms of strategy, business development, pricing, and market trends.
- Day to day tasks will include assuming responsibility for management and delivery of projects assigned by MD;
- Reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly),
- Forecasting (full year forecast accuracy for net sales and selling expenses),
- Cost budgeting (create and implement transparent cost positions and measurability for all cost centers),
- Cost Control,
- Compliance (ensuring compliance alignment with regards to controlling according to global guidelines.)
- Budget processes for Functions and Sales.
- Driving process and efficiency improvement within the region;
- Conducting business and industry analysis,
- Risk Management and Corporate Governance oversight and monitoring,
- Providing advice and support in local Intra-Company Transfer Pricing matters.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should possess a completed University degree (or equivalent) in accounting or finance, and have a minimum of 8 years proven track record in a Finance position, at least 3 of which should be in a management role.
- Candidates need to have experience in checking EBIT, Gross Commission, Gross Margins, as well as Inter Company Transfer Pricing.
- Candidates with strong analytical skills must be proficient in reporting, specifically the preparation of monthly Management and Sales reports, which will include but not be limited to Net Sales to 3rd party, PVX Analysis, Inventory Analysis and P&L reporting.
- Candidates must be computer literate, and should have experience working in SAP.
- Candidate must be fluent in English, must be highly organized, able to work, think and act independently, able to work in a fast-paced environment and produce error-free work.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send handwritten applications together with CV’s directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org