Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Transactional Products and Services division is the engine that works constantly within Standard Bank to evolve and extend our range of products and client services. Split across three specialised functions, our teams work with organisations ranging from corporate clients and pension fund administrators through to asset managers and individual global investors. Our Investor Services team now needs an experienced and highly capable Relationship Manager to optimise our range of solutions.
Ensure that customers consistently receive a high quality service by efficiently managing, developing and using all available resources (i.e. staff, systems and processes) and ensuring that a strong, customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the service centre. To ensure that customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels, that cross-selling opportunities are identified and actioned, based on customer needs. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the centres and reduce the overall exposure by maintaining an effective system of controls. Ensure the effective rollout of change management initiatives to the service centres. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
•Set and ensure that service standards are maintained, in line with differentiated requirements of the market segments.
•Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channels.
•Ensure that the centres strive for continuous service improvement.
Convene regular customer discussion forums and action the results.
•Maintain awareness of serious customer complaints and attend to resolution.
•Ensure that opportunities for migration of customers to more appropriate/cost-effective channels and migratable teller/enquiry transactions are identified and actioned.
•Ensure efficient, customer-orientated telephone procedures.
•Discuss staffing requirements as predicted by Branch Scheduling Tool (BST) with Provincial Productivity
•Ensure BST schedule adherence for all reporting Service Centres
Management of service improvement
•Manage the customer problem resolution process and ensure the accurate logging of information.
•Set and monitor turn-around times for resolving customer queries and complaints.
•Ensure that problem root causes are resolved by facilitating corrective action and regular liaison with support entities (including issues relating to ATM and Auto E terminals).
•Ensure that service measurement is maintained and action adverse trends.
Implement service recovery to facilitate customer retention.
•Ensure that customers provide/have provided documentation as required in terms of FICA/KYC legislation
Management of responsive sales and relationship management
•Develop sales and relationship management plans to achieve responsive sales targets for the centers.
•Manage the sales and relationship management tracking system and provide feedback and coaching to the team.
•Identify different local market segments prevalent in geographical area and keep up to date with changes/developments.
•Drive the lead referral system.
•Coach the responsive relationship management team on product knowledge, cross-selling opportunities and assist subordinates in generating meaningful and value-added solutions for customers resulting in maximum business development.
•Ensure the territory where the branch is situated has adequate feel of the bank and its products
Management of credit and operational risk
•Identify the major risks affecting the centres and ensure that the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and manage these risks.
•Recommend revision of internal controls to provincial operations where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
•Manage assets, eg cash and cost accountabilities, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
•Manage and ensure overall operational readiness/efficiency of the centres’ infrastructure (including premises, ATMs, systems), physical security, opening/closing procedures and operational issues such as fraud, losses and differences.
•Ensure irregularities highlighted in routine control reports are attended to.
•Co-ordinate the checking of centre tellers/treasury/blank forms.
•Complete monthly centre housekeeping checklist.
•Report premises/equipment issues to regional operations.
•Ensure that an effective control structure is maintained, with control activities defined at every level and duties appropriately segregated.
•Ensure that levels of authority and limits of access to information/systems are adhered to.
•Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are effectively applied.
•Ensure compliance with OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) requirements
•Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives and service standards to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all subordinates.
•Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
•Prepare a flexible staffing plan to meet service/sales demands in the centres, taking into account local conditions, resourcing options and costs.
•Overall staff complement to be in line with productivity measurements. – Branch Scheduling Tool
•Visibly assist the centres in achieving targets and standards of performance by providing consistent encouragement and guidance.
•Ensure that equity requirements are met and transformation initiatives supported.
•Identify strengths and development areas and ensure tat subordinates receive the required coaching/training
•Turn-around times for processing and one-on-one customer interaction in terms of segment standards, efficient service.
•Control operational losses and minimise risk compliance with laid-down instructions and effective management of credit risk, physical security etc.
•Costs contained within budget.
•Availability of ATMs and within target, site cleanliness requirements met, minimal vandalism.
Increased cross-selling ratios.
•Effective migration of customers/transactions to more appropriate channels.
•Requisite stationery and cash supplies held.
•Effective, customer-orientated telephone management.
•Retention of satisfied, well-informed customers as measured by Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) ratings.
•Staff effectiveness and motivation Postive findings of Inspection Compliance reports
Purpose of Job
Ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms. Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of Vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports. Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys .Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through an effective system of controls. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit. Effectively manage cash to ensure vault approved limits are not exceeded.
• Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to.
• Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures.
• Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items.
• Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions.
• Ensure that all Irregular Items have been actioned before the end of the day.
Monitoring of cash holdings
• Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits.
• Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements.
• Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stocked with cash and stationery.
• Maintain close liaison with the Auto Bank Control Centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly.
• Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
• Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
• Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions.
• Balance cash at the required intervals.
• Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly.
• Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
• Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly in terms of laid-down instructions.
• Reconcile ATM cash daily.
• Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses.
• In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (the Act) no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider.
• In your current position you are not an accredited representative in terms of the Act, and are therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act.
• Follow standardized routine procedures for control purposes.
• Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings.
• Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximize productivity
• Ability to attend to customer queries timeously is required.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation.
• Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues.
• Planning is generally on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles.
• Understand the impact of ATM services provided, the interrelatedness of the services provided to branch staff, and the impact on customers.
• Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls. Able to respect authority and take instructions.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.