Chevron Nigeria Limited is accepting online applications for the position of FPSO Marine Advisor located on the Agbami Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (Agbami FPSO), in deep offshore Nigeria.
The Mooring Master acts as Chevron Representative on Export Tankers. He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved. Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements. Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and Vetting system.
Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities:
• Safe Pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
• Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
• Safe cargo hose connection and disconnection
• Hold back tug connection and disconnection
• Pre-loading activities including all check lists
• Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
• All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
• Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes.
Responsible for export tanker safe position keeping once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals. Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals. Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose connection and disconnection. Coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
• Export tanker scheduling
• Export tanker operations
• Inward and outward clearance
• All aspects of government and agent liaison
• Partner requirements
• Cargo discrepancies
• Operational issues resolution
The Mooring Master shall have:
1) an Unlimited Class 1 Deck License with dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
2) served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months
3) Skill in the shiphandling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
Support the implementation of the Chevron Operational Excellence Management System – OEMS processes, ensures all marine operations conducted at Chevron Terminals are completed safely and in compliance with the Company Safe Operating Procedures. Takes a proactive role in safety and environmental management consistent with Policy 530, , API RP 14C/ 14J guidelines, ISGOTT, OCIMF guidelines, applicable maritime regulatory requirements and accepted industry standard for safety and environmental practices. Monitors and supports field HES programs including safety training, compliance reviews, near-miss/incidents investigation and reporting emergency preparedness and response spill reporting and response, safety and communications meetings and process improvement initiatives. Complies with Chevron behavioral safety principles.
Responsible for ensuring training of new recruits and trainee Mooring Masters / Loading Masters is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
FPSO Marine Advisor
The FPSO Marine Advisor support marine operations conducted at Agbami FPSO in full compliance with the Company’s Safe Operating Procedures, International Marine Conventions and Operational Excellence. This shall include supporting adequate marine operations training, compliance reviews, emergency preparedness response, incident reporting, safety meetings, and process improvements. Takes a proactive role in safety and environmental management consistent with Policy 530, NMA Standard Operating Procedures, API RP 14C/ 14J guidelines, Flag State, Classification Society, ISGOTT, OCIMF guidelines, applicable maritime regulatory requirements and accepted industry standard safety and environmental practices.
Supports HS&E programs and initiatives that include safety training, compliance reviews, near-miss/incidents investigation and reporting emergency preparedness and response spill reporting and response, safety and communications meetings and process improvement initiatives. Ensure deployment of behavioral safety principles and BBS metrics are maintained to track safety performance.
• Ensures proper operation and consistent maintenance of all safety systems in the marine equipment through effective monitoring, inspection, preventive and reactive maintenance.
• Leads and participates in incident investigations where appropriate, especially as related to marine incidents. Reviews all marine incident reports, root causes and implement corrective actions as necessary. Responsible for implementation of marine related corrective actions.
• Manages marine facility integrity by ensuring effective monitoring, inspection, preventive maintenance, and compliance with management of change procedures. Responsible for marine related MOC issues, including review, assigning technical expertise, and providing authorization for change.
• Member of Agbami (Incident Command System) ensures organization preparedness through training, tabletop drills and actual planned emergency drills for the most likely scenarios. Provide marine expertise to Agbami FPSO.
• Ensure export documents are prepared as per Agbami/NNPC/DPR/Nigerian Customs Procedures.
• Coordinate with Agbami Marine Advisor on export tanker operations planning, export operations and marine activities.
• Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Agbami Terminal
• Review all marine functions and activities for continuous improvement opportunities.
• Supports Operations efforts in application of SERIP related to Marine issues (PM checks, Equipment Criticality Assessment, Vessel RBI, ABS Specs, etc) to improve facility reliability and eliminate bottlenecks.
• Support leadership and guidance for planning and support of specialist Agbami FPSO Marine Maintenance activities.
• Emergency Management Team (EMT) member.
• Provides interface to all other departments on Agbami Marine issues and provides support.
Marine and Technical Support: Ensures Agbami FPSO marine operations are accomplished in accordance with ABS, NMA and SERIP requirements to achieve reliability targets. Support, plan and execute required marine related repairs and repair of underperforming systems to maximize uptime and to achieve BP objectives and the lifting schedule. Ensure OE driven processes such as SERIP, MOC and MSW is followed.
Provide technical support to the Marine Group and NMA in general as required. Coordinate all marine support for Agbami FPSO with assistance from the Marine Group.
• Responsible for providing marine technical support for Agbami FPSO operations.
• Provides guidance and support to Facilities Engineering on all marine aspects of Classification inspection and certification programs.
• Provide specialist knowledge and guidance during planning and completion of structural Risk Based Inspection (RBI) activities, UWILD external Hull inspections and RBI Inspections of FPSO and SPM Moorings and Risers.
• Assisting Facility engineering on liaison with Classification Society and Inspection contractors on continuous development of RBI plans, database population, defect and deficiency reporting, defect repair planning and scheduling. Co-ordination of annual inspection programs and ensures marine attendance at all FPSO / Buoy facility regulatory surveys.
• Provide support and advice on all Marine Management of Change (MOC) issues
• Support all Agbami Marine export operations and liaises with BC&D Group on all matters affecting export operations.
Marine Regulatory Compliance:
• Ensure Compliance with all applicable International and National Marine Rules and Regulations with regard to F(P)SO Marine operations, Tanker Export and Marine Oil Field activities.
• Ensures all applicable OCIMF and industry guidelines are implemented.
• Ensures management awareness of changes to all applicable marine regulations and guidelines that may have impact on NMA businesses.
• Monitor ongoing Marine Regulatory developments and advises Management on all aspects of new and impeding Marine Rules and Regulations affecting Agbami FPSO and/or export activities.
•Provide support and guidance for Flag State Safety and Pollution inspections; ensure all Marine certification requirements are maintained in current condition.
• Represent Agbami in day to day operations with various Government Agencies (DPR, NIMASA, Customs, etc.). Maintains cordial relationship with Government Agencies and customers.
• Responsible for ensuring class compliance for Agbami activities.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply