In support of the Sahara Group’s Strategy on sustainability, an important element of our HR strategy is to develop leadership and management capacity throughout the organization.
The goal of this “Graduate Analyst ” programme is to attract, develop and train professional finance & accounting talent to give Sahara an edge by accurate monitoring, reporting and partnering business units to strengthen strategic analysis. We have an opportunity for you whatever your numeracy and analytical background.
A “Graduate Analyst” would work on a number of different duties spanning costing, accounting, business analysis, budgeting and tax within the operating companies of the Group. The programme will be focused on standard internal accounting procedures and your ability to analyze financial documents & data efficiently. This will be supported by a number of rudimentary soft skills training exercises and tasks targeted towards building well-rounded individuals.
They will receive ‘on the job’ training and their review process will include the setting of performance objectives against which their progress will be monitored.
After successfully completion of the programme, successful candidates would perform in any of the following capacities; Financial/ Accounting Analyst, Business Analyst & Risk Analyst with a focus on Energy, and Infrastructure.
Throughout this programme, they will be supervised by a Talent Manager from our Talent Management department.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices for Business Analysis.
- Experience with accounting packages ( Oracle, SAP, Peachtree)
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance and any other degree i.e Graduates with a bias for Financial/Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper)
- 0-2 years post-NYSC Experience
- Maximum age of 26 years as of December 2015
- ACA or ACCA Certification.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Candidate must possess Numeracy & Quantitative Skills
- Candidate must be highly analytical
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group HR
- Line Manager
- All staff
Suitably qualified candidates should apply by sending their resumes to
Resume should be concise with only one page. Please note that multiple entries would not be treated.
Expiry date: September 15th, 2015