FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Job Title: Technical Quality Personnel II
Inspects FMC Technologies products and/ or outsourced components and materials. This entry-level position demonstrates knowledge and training in NDE quality inspection techniques and continuously meets or exceeds quality, safety and production targets. Performs quality checks of data books, inspects equipment per procedures to ensure jobs are completed accurately. Confirms and verifies all testing gear is calibrated and used per the global standards.
- Reads and interprets Part report/DBI’s, blueprints and quality instructions to determine dimension specifications, measurements and tests required to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and leads projects aimed at the due date and maintain the calibration records throughout the life of each device.
- Inspects all types of product, regardless of complexity, in accordance to the requirements of the DBI and regularly uses more complex measuring devices and inspection equipment such as the Coordinate Measuring Machine.
- improvement of internal processes/procedures of the entire Quality System (QS). Exhibits a good knowledge of ISO (International Organization for Standardization), API (American Petroleum Institute) and other governmental and customer requirements and specifications and apply them in course of operations
- Verifies calibration of inspection tools prior to tests commencement. Exhibits a mastery of the use of some simple measuring devices such as rules, micrometers and calipers, etc. to ensure that part dimensions are in conformance to quality specifications and detailed requirements of the part report (DBI).
- Primarily takes care of all welding related jobs and ensures that project specific welding reports are accurately raised and endorsed by responsible parties. This is inclusive of the attendant (NDTs) None destructive Testing.
- In process inspection – Ensures that all tagging and quality procedures are followed so that there will be no discrepancies in the data book, once equipment is complete and ready for shipment.
- Ensures all work completed in the workshop is done with testing gear that is in- calibration, per the procedure and that procedures are filled out correctly and accurately.
- Liaises with the rigging loft personnel, for the certification/recertification of rigging and lifting gears to appropriate standards and ensure the maintenance of the log of all lifting gears.
- Carries out Receiving Inspection of materials, as may be required to ensure quality and customer success.
- Ensure that only appropriate monitoring and measuring devices are used in accordance with their measurement capability. To also ensure that measuring uncertainty , limitations or restrictions regarding usage are identified on each device, or its container, when so required
- Ensure that proactive action is taken to recalibrate all monitoring and measuring devices before their
- BSc /HND in Engineering or equivalent fields.. Two to three years experience in quality control /assurance in an Oil and Gas or Manufacturing environment. Other professional certifications and use of business related software such as SAP are added advantages.
- Must demonstrate strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with Suppliers and co-workers in a team-based environment.
- Must demonstrate good report writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures. Ability to comprehend and understand geometric tolerance on blueprints.
- Ability to interpret and apply ISO requirements to Data Base Information and components.
- Must be competent in several areas of inspection (dimensional, magnetic particles, dye penetrant or hardness testing.) Must have multiple Level II Certifications in a Quality discipline. Must have gauge calibration exposure.
- Must have good knowledge of quality auditing techniques and documentation requirements and demonstrate the ability to perform a technical audit of internal or external process.
- Must have the ability to interpret test specifications.
- Ability to use computers and Microsoft Office software for necessary documentation
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply