Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy adding value for public and private clients on agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our ingenuity to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase efficiency, maximise sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
We do this through innovative thinking and by mobilising cross-sector, international perspectives, drawing on the immense talent and energy of our people – designers, engineers, project and programme managers, management consultants, environmentalists, planners, economists, business strategists, infrastructure finance advisors, public private partnership experts, cost consultants, low carbon specialists, technology experts, safety advisors, health and education specialists, development policy advisors and more.
- Work in accordance with the project accounting handbook to administer programme funds at Kaduna State level;
- In consultation with the Kaduna State Team Leader and the Deputy Finance Manager, produce regular rolling quarterly and monthly forecasts and submit monthly site returns to the Deputy Finance Manager in Abuja to feed into the monthly reconciliation and invoicing processes;
- Maintain up-to-date project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available to the programme management team;
- Liaise with administrative and technical teams to ensure accurate forecasting and prompt disbursement and reconciliation of expenditure;
- Supervise preparation of all payment vouchers, journal vouchers and cheques and ensure the timely settlement of all undisputed sub-contractor invoices;
- Support the disbursement of funds for workshops and related activities, and the reconciliation of such disbursement
- Monitor expenditure and advise the State Team Leader and Deputy Finance Manager of potential issues with regards to forecasting, disbursement or accounting;
- Maintain a petty cash register and supervise the imprest accounts for Kaduna based staff;
- Establish good and considerate working relationships with all staff within the programme, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Supporting the Kaduna State Team Leader and the Deputy Finance Manager, the post holder will be responsible for assisting with all financial management within Kaduna and will therefore be responsible for supervising other staff in this regard.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with all programme staff at State level and in the Abuja head office.
- Excellent financial management/ accountancy skills;
- Good IT skills and confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages, and the ability to master CE in-house financial management system, FiFi;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to think ahead
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleagues in Kaduna head office and State Offices when the need requires;
- May undertake periodic travel to Abuja and/or other State Offices for financial team meetings.
- Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent; with minimum of two years working experience;
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e. ACCA, CIM, etc.) is an added advantage;
- Previous experience working in a large donor funded programme;
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
How to apply:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.