PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a recipient of World Bank Assisted Project Funds desires to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the establishment of a major agricultural processing facility in Kogi State, Nigeria, and now seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Director (PD)
Reference Number: SCPZ01
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Project Management Unit (PMU) is under the leadership of the Project Director. She/He will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the implementation of the entire project activities as agreed by the World Bank, Federal Government of Nigeria, Kogi State Government, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Private Sector key stakeholders.
- The Project Director will serve as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Project Manager with astute technical capability of the project and good understanding of Nigeria’s political economy.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Oversees the overall implementation and supervision of the project activities within the participating communities.
- Coordinates complex sets of activities and stakeholders management required to complete project design and effective implementation.
- Establishes close coordination and links with major stakeholders, between Ministries and with the State Ministry of Commerce to help develop promotion investment capacity.
- Manages project disbursement and leverages on World Bank credit resources to the development agenda of the SCPZ and ensures timely execution of procurement processes.
- Collaborates with ESIA experts to ensure compliance of Cargill’s activities and other private sector investors with international Environmental Social Impact Assessment (ESIA ) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) performance standards.
- Coordinates the activities of all stakeholders including World Bank, IFC and Cargill to ensure appropriately sequenced implementation of project activities to achieve strategic development objectives.
- Engages all stakeholders to secure sustained support and participation in the establishment and operation of the SCPZ into a viable engine for agricultural industrialization.
- Coordinates the overall activities of SCPZ and ensures compliance with laid down standards, approved guidelines and overall performance of the project.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders and relevant authorities, develops appropriate incentives to attract investors to the Zones.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Management any other relevant degree
- Minimum of 20 years post-qualification experience in the field of Agriculture, Infrastructure Projects or Rural Development including at least 10 years in a management role.
- PMP or PRINCE 2 certified with at least 5 years technical project management experience.
- Proven track record in Infrastructure Project, Agricultural Development and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Excellent communication, impeccable writing skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected] quoting the job title and reference code for the position in the subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2015.