PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our Client, a recipient of World Bank Assisted Project Funds desires to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the establishment of a major agricultural processing facility in Kogi State, Nigeria, and now seeks highly qualified and experienced candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Social Safeguard Specialist
Reference Number: 130-PEO00518
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Basic Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Gender and Social Specialist will manage all aspects of the project relating to gender issues.
- She/He will also provide expertise in global awareness for gender consideration and social inclusiveness.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Coordinates activities concerning social mobilization, and civil society involvement in the project.
- Ensures that Project responsibilities and benefits are assigned and shared with gender sensitivity in line with the World Bank procedures.
- Provides thematic leadership and coordination at Local Government and community levels of the project, including training and sharing of experience.
- Is responsible for overseeing activities under the gender consideration and social improvement of the project.
- Ensures that women and men equally benefit from activities supported by the project.
- Identifies any mainstream gender aspects within the SCPZ’s operations, policy work and initiatives in line with the World Bank Gender Policy and Action Plan.
- Addresses social considerations within the project’s operations and ensures compliance with the World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards.
- Works with the project Team to develop relevant social and gender performance monitoring indicators.
- Ensures overall participation of women in the Project and takes corrective action in areas where this is not the case.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Minimum First Degree in Gender Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Social Science, Social Development, Sociology, International Development or equivalent social/ gender disciplines.
- Minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience in community or local development, including direct field experience in social mobilization.
- Substantial experience in working with women, vulnerable, and marginalized groups.
- Proven track record in managing and leading mixed-gender teams.
- Good communication and writing skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2015.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.