Workspace Global Consulting, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Job Reference: HR2014/HR01
Job Role: Manager, Human Resource Services
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: General Manager Human Resources Division
- To coordinate the development, motivation and retention of a highly disciplined human capital with the capacity to deliver the mandate of the company and provide organizational structure initiatives and strategies to ensure a highly motivated and result oriented work force.
- Provide formal Coaching & Mentoring support for employees.
- Conduct periodic employee satisfaction survey (ESS) to identify and highlight individual perception of the workplace and to recommend to divisional head, corrective measures on employee issues that border on performance, organisational structure and development, culture, climate and general work ethics.
- Organise and coordinate periodic staff bonding meetings to assess organisational climate and foster employee engagement.
- Maintain work structure by reviewing and updating job requirements and specifications for all positions.
- Management of organisational culture to focus specifically on a performance based culture in line with organizational goal.
- Organize and facilitate formal Book review sessions to reinforce a consistent reading culture within the organization.
- Carry out periodic Employee satisfaction surveys (ESS) to identify and highlight individual perception of the workplace and to recommend to management corrective measures on employee issues that border on performance, organizational structure & development, culture, climate and general work ethics.
- Maintain a work structure by reviewing and updating job requirements and specifications for all positions.
- Periodically conduct job evaluation reviews and skill audit to ensure proper job classifications and staff competencies.
- Conduct compensation and benefits survey, with industry and business community
- Coordinate and direct the employee Relations programs and functions with the primary responsibility for management of personal administration, employee programs, discipline, employee ethics and complain forums.
- Initiate a Succession planning framework for all job positions in the organization that will drive and sustain the business.
- Ensure that routine and recurring functional duties associated with supporting operating policies & procedures of the company are carried out.
- Management of Expatriate quotas and contracts in line with legal requirements – processing of new quotas, renewing of expired quotas, processing of visas.
- Manage staff medical & health issues relating to Hospitals & Health service providers as well as provision of first aid support to foster employee wellness
- Coordinate the Health, Safety & Environment (SH&E) of the company in conformity with SH&E standards.
- Manages human resources operations by ensuring the recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining staff
- Develops human resource operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Coach, motivate, inspire, train, Develop and groom team members
- Ensure Management of discipline and grievance procedures to ensure objectivity, fairness and compliance with employee handbook, company policies & procedures.
- Ensure proper Management of Expatriate quotas and contracts in line with legal requirements – processing of new quotas, renewing of expired quotas, processing of visas.
- Preparation & monitoring of the HR budget to ensure compliance.
- Preparation of all HR Department’s reports indicating the various HR activities.
- Administer Compensation & Benefits programs. Maintain contact with industry and business community counterparts through surveys to ensure competitiveness. Carrying out of periodic surveys on allowances, fringe benefits and other relevant information within the Property & Real Estate Industry. Maintains employee benefits programs, assess benefits needs and trends and makes recommendations to management.
- Provide General Manager HR with information and counsel on labour and legislation.
- A degree and at least 7 years experience in personnel (Human Resource) management,
- Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Desired Characteristics/Competences
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, be able to analyze information and make appropriate decision, effective listening skills, problem solving skills and results orientation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org